Oleksandr Usyk has revealed his career schedule. The heavyweight champion wants to box three more times: first against Rico Verhoeven, then against the winner of Wardley vs. Dubois and finally against Tyson Fury.

Oleksandr Usyk has revealed his last steps in boxing. The Ukrainian explained on “Inside The Ring” that he only wants to fight three more fights. First on his list is Rico Verhoeven on May 23 in Egypt, then the winner of Fabio Wardley against Daniel Dubois and finally a third duel against Tyson Fury.
The Ring had already published the first part of the plan at the end of February: Usyk meets kickboxing star Verhoeven at the Pyramids of Giza, with the WBC title at stake. The event will be shown on DAZN. Usyk also made it clear that the Verhoeven fight is not a casual show evening for him. He called it a “real fight”, but immediately followed up with the sporting plan: Afterwards, he wants to box against the winner of the Wardley vs. Dubois duel. This heavyweight duel is already being discussed as a WBO title fight in early summer and would provide the next opponent for Usyk.
Usyk has also already named a name for the final appearance of his career: Tyson Fury. He has already won twice against the Brit in Riyadh in 2024. Fury returns on April 11 against Arslanbek Makhmudov and recently said himself that Usyk would “beg” him for a third fight before the end of 2026.
Itauma and Kabayel not on the list
Usyk directly ruled out another name in this context. He would not box against the heavyweight talent Moses Itauma, he said. The reason sounded almost fatherly: he did not want to “break” the young Briton. The Ukrainian also did not name Agit Kabayel, even though the WBC has announced a mandatory defense against the German. If it turns out the way Usyk envisions his last fights, Kabayel would probably become WBC champion at the green table.
Text by Robin Josten